Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mama takes a beating courtesy of Baby J

So, I know what you're thinking, "Where've ya been Janine?" Well, I'll tell you - leaning over the toilet. :( On Friday I reached the hallowed 12th week mark, the alleged end of trimester one and the so-called beginning of the glorious and energetic fourth month. Not so here. Lil' J must have had a growth spurt this week because the hormones have been a-kickin'. I have to admit, something is definitely different. I'm not falling asleep at my desk anymore and I'm not feeling that all day nauseousness. Instead, I get hit with that sudden urge with barely enough time to reach a bucket ... if I'm lucky. But enough about me, pregnancy isn't all about throwing up several times a day. Let's focus on the little one that Uncle Jared has so lovingly dubbed "J."
Lil' J is about 2.5 inches now, which makes Mommy wander just what is taking up all that room in her expanding waistline. Baby can move his/her arms, fingers and toes and can smile, frown and suck its thumb. "J" is also just about fully formed at this point and its boy/girl parts are beginning to develop, although we still have about 8 weeks to go before we find out what we're having. Which brings us to an entire separate debate - to know or not to know. Which I suppose I'll touch on in a later post. For now, I need to get back to one of the 5 pregnancy books I'm currently reading.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...