Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Nesting

According to pregancyweekly.com, "Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world."

Well, between work, school, and traveling/visitors every weekend, I don't think I will be feeling the "nesting" urge too much these next few months. In fact, I have specifically set aside all weeks after August 24th for just the purpose. But in the meantime, I've been busy practicing a different kind of nesting - the kind that takes place every night in sweet slumber.

You may have noticed that I haven't complained about backaches, leg cramps or lack-of-sleep in some weeks. I have my sister-in-law to thank for this ... and her generous lending of what both of our husbands have dubbed - THE NEST.

THE NEST is this amazing pregnancy pillow that pretty much surrounds my entire body while I sleep. Not only does it provide support for my pregnant body in all the right places but, my personal favorite feature, it guarantees that I get my half of the bed each night. No more whacks to the head by hubby's flying elbows - compliments of THE NEST.

Unfortunately, THE NEST does not travel well. Frankly, it's huge. So when we went home to PA this past weekend I paid the price for nestlessness. I had another attack of the leg cramps and have had a slight limp ever since. As a result of lighter sleep, I also had some crazy dreams. For instance, in one dream the doctor who was about to deliver my baby walked into the room. He looked like Albert Einstein but when he reached out to shake my hand I realized he was wearing a ring the size of his entire fist that spelled out "Gangster." This revelation was followed by a real-life flailing elbow from aforementioned husband and I succinctly woke up, unable to complete the dream. Thankfully I am now back home, sleeping safely in my nest each night.

2 comments:

Jeff Auser said...

Will you be using this nest post pregnancy as well? i think you could make some money marketing this as a way to get a good nights sleep without your partner hitting you in their sleep.

Anonymous said...

MAN! I wish I had a NEST! I am so jealous! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...