Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cap'ns Quarters

Our guests have left, the house is cleaned, mid-terms are over, and our plans for this weekend's guest have been canceled. So I'm suddenly left with a teeny, tiny bit of unexpected "free time." And by free time I mean an hour or so each evening after dinner and homework where my mind is free enough to start thinking about baby plans. Now that we've actually started registering, the big thing on my mind this week is the nursery. The challenge here is to turn a Coastguardman's Office/Guest Room into fun and functional baby nursery ... without removing the futon or painting the walls :(. While debating over colors and patterns, Jon and I have finally come to a happy medium - a nautical nursery. Ergo, over the next 3 months we'll be working to transform said second bedroom into a miniature Captains Quarters for lil' J.
Here is what the office/guest room currently looks like...





And here is our nursery inspiration ...




As much as I was planning to steer away from "themes" I just can't help myself with this one! After all, we do live next at the beach. Looks like a great opportunity for mom to get creative and crafty!
Unfortunately, I may have missed my energetic window of opportunity. The third trimester will be upon us next week (gasp!) and I'm already feeling a return of the familiar first-trimester symptoms of tiredness and heartburn. But it's not baby's fault. He seems to be doing well. He's moving around more than ever ... I'm just glad I don't have to run after him at this stage, I'm not sure if I could keep up with this little ball of energy. Who knew getting punched and kicked in the gut could be so much fun?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...