Monday, May 12, 2014

Dream come true: family photos!

So the last time Jon and I had professional photos taken was, um, our wedding day.  Oops.  It's something I've been intending to do for quite some time, but our little family was always on the verge of changing (or I was waiting to lose a little more weight post-baby).  Looking back, I think one of my biggest regrets is not (professionally) chronicling the journey.  And I so wish I had a few nice maternity photos to look back on, now that I know I'll never revisit that stage again.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.
But there's no use in pouting.  The good news is, we finally managed to capture our family.  Or at least our family in April of 2013.  It's been three weeks since we've taken these photos and Joci already has more hair, Jude is taller, Julia is no longer wearing a diaper under her dresses, and I'm working on being a little tanner.  (Sidenote: have you ever tried to lay out in the sun with four little ones?  I barely have a chance to get my skin warm before someone needs me for something.)  I digress.
Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.
And so, on the Monday after Easter we packed up and said goodbye to the in-laws, took a nice long, country drive so the baby could get a decent morning nap, and then stopped by the house of our friend Geri Schnure, of Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.
Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.
She also has an awesome studio at the Pajama Factory in Williamsport, but the weather was just too lovely to spend the morning indoors.  So she invited us to her beautiful homestead and allowed my brood to explore the creek, chickens, tractors and playground.


Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.
It's not easy to get four kids smiling and looking at the camera at the same time on a normal day.  But it's even more of a challenge when those four kids are coming off a holiday weekend of travel and long days.  But as a grandma of 16, Miss Geri knows what she's doing!  It was a fun morning and Jack can't stop talking about "Martin Rooster King," collecting eggs from the henhouse, riding on the Gator, and "fishing" in the creek.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.

Photo Credit: Bellavie Photography.
Thank you Bellavie for capturing our growing family so beautifully!  We're hoping to be back in the winter to utilize the studio.  Maybe not with tanner skin, but certainly with longer hair and arms, stronger legs, and even bigger smiles!  No two days are alike with the Fantastic Four, but I plan to be better at preserving these fleeting moments with my family!

1 comment:

geri said...

I'm still talking about that day, too. What fun! Love your family. Not going to rush summer, but I look forward to your next session!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...