Sunday, May 30, 2010

The bucket list

My slowness in blogging is starting to get to me.  Jack seems to have learned so much recently, like how to scale Jude's crib and reach his hands over the railing, and Jude doesn't even seem like the same baby I brought home 5 weeks ago.  He's working on smiling and getting oh, so close.  You can see it in his eyes  even if his mouth isn't quite there yet.  So yes, there's so much to say and just no time to say it.  And it bothers me to think I might forget all these moments simply because I couldn't find yhe time to write about them.  But we're busy as bees here and I've got plenty of other things on my mind.  Like moving for one.  Thankfully, the Coast Guard moves us.  They'll come in, pack everything up in one day, and then drive it up to the new house the next day.  So I haven't been worried about that at all. 


People keep asking me if we're getting ready to move.  Nope, haven't done a thing.  The move itself is not what I'm concerned about.  It's just everything else that comes with a move.  Address changes, finding a new physician, searching for a new church, setting up the new utilities, making sure we have Internet at the new house ASAP so I won't miss a beat with work (or blogging  ;) ), buying all the stuff the new place doesn't have, buying a new car because the hubby just decided our current one isn't working well for us and that we need to replace it THIS WEEK (if you think I'm a "get it done" kinda person, you need to meet him!!).  And then there are the really important parts of moving, a "bucket list" of sorts, things we must get done before we leave like soaking up every last bit of beach time we can, visiting all our favorite places "one last time," using up gift certificates for local businesses, and saying goodbye to all our fabulous friends.  There's parties and picnics, final dinners and of course, family who want to get in one last visit to the Beach Nest.  I've been too busy to get sentimental, but I just know it's going to hit me all at once, probably at the very last second, when we're pulling out of the driveway and it's too late for regrets. 


Moving isn't the only thing on my mind.  Actually, the one thing I've been stressing about even more is Jude's poop.  Gross, huh?  And how mom-like of me to mention it.  The problem isn't the poop itself, it's that there hasn't been anyway!  Not for a week.  He's eating and peeing fine, and not acting uncomfortable so I don't know what the issue is.  I've read mixed reviews about this, whether it's a real problem or not.  But the fact is it was worrying me and I just wanted some peace of mind. So I scheduled a doctor's appointment for him on Friday afternoon. 


Of course, 30 minutes before we're supposed to leave I sat nursing him in the rocking chair and guess what that boy did?  Yup, gave his Mama the biggest poo she's ever seen from a baby so tiny.  He hasn't gone since then, so I'm guessing he's going to be one of those once-a-week babies or he's going through a very long growth spurt,  But I'm sure that's more than anyone else wanted to hear on the subject so I'll stop there.

My boys and I are wishing you all a splendid Memorial Day with your friends and family.  While we're busy making our own memories, may we never forget those who have given their lives for our freedom.

1 comment:

Charity Mack said...

Friend of mine had poop issues with her baby. Weeks and weeks...doc said not to worry, but she did (understandably!). I believe aloe juice is what did the trick for her baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...