Monday, May 17, 2010

Do you see what I see?

I was out on the deck grilling some BBQ chicken last week when I happened to look out over the yard. Do you know what I saw? (Other than that big, ugly rope the previous tenants left us.)


Something bright red lying among the dead leaves. Can you tell what it is?


I can tell you, it doesn't belong out there ... it belongs here:


How it got out there I do not know. Since Jack doesn't do much rope climbing I'm guessing he must have thrown them off the deck. And now I'm wondering what else could possibly be out there among the leaves.

I was telling a friend the other day that I was looking forward to moving out of our house just so I could find all those toys that have gone MIA over the past year. Usually, a missing toy will turn up within a week or so, depending on how much cleaning we do. Others have been absent for longer, such as one particular red ball.


And then there are the toys I've pretty much written off, like the other red triangle. It's been so long since I've seen it I'm beginning to wonder if it ever truly existed.


So yes, it will be interesting to see what turns up, and what doesn't. And in case you're wondering, we haven't begun packing yet. It's hard enough to keep the the house orderly, the last thing I need is boxes of stuff lying around for Jack to get in to. I suppose we'll have to start at some point. Until then, we're enjoying our last days in our cozy and cramped beach nest. Little does Jack know that his "fenced in" play area will soon be 20 times bigger and with grass!

2 comments:

megan douglass said...

first and foremost.. i was ridiculously funny about losing ONE piece of any of lily's things.. by the third princess, i feel blessed if there is one piece left to any given toy. ha ha. good luck in your quest to find them! and the video is delicious! i miss him!

Offshorecpa said...

his talking is so much fun! i need to have a face to face convo with that cutie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...