Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beach Babe does the pool!

This past weekend my parents came down to help us celebrate Father's Day and my birthday ... or maybe it was just a good excuse to see the new house and get some quality grandson time in.  Either way, we had a blast together!

It is stinkin' hot, and we're missing the cool bay breezes here in suburbia.  Luckily, we have a pool in our neighborhood, and plenty of opportunities to try it out this past weekend!  First stop was the baby pool:



Kinda like a big bathtub.  It took Jack a few minutes to figure out he could sit down in it.  And then he realized how much fun it was to jump in.  Unfortunately, a fellow swimmer "contaminated" the pool a few minutes after we got there and we had to spend the rest of the day in the big pool.


I was surprised at how easily he "took" to the water.  I guess he's used to the ocean, but a pool is a lot different.  He enjoyed practicing swimming,


... and especially loved Poppa's geiser games.





The weird thing is, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago that my Dad was throwing me around in the water.

You gotta watch this kid though.  He's got no fear.  He'll walk right off the edge and into the water if you're not looking.  And if you are looking he'll expect you to catch him.  But his smiles and giggles are too fun to miss!  He's definitely our water boy.  A few more trips like this and he's going to end up a bleach blonde!


Marmie and Poppa also offered to watch the boys so Jon and I could go out for dinner for my birthday.  It was our first date since before Jude was born, and the first time I've left him with someone other than Jon for a feeding.  But he didn't seem to notice my absence, and thoroughly enjoyed his bottle ... and then some.  Jon and I had a delicious dinner together and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick a few things up.  I gotta say, it felt a little weird grocery shopping with my husband, and only my husband.  Haven't done that in a LONG time, and probably won't be doing it again any time soon!

In true Marmie fashion, my Mom planned a spectacular meal for Father's Day and Jon and I are still trying to recover from a weekend of eating.  We've been enjoying dinners al fresco on our new patio and even got to try out the chimney fire pit one evening.  And do you know what I saw that night?  Stars.  Lots of them.  Haven't seen stars since I left Pennsylvania.  And lightening bugs!!  I can't wait to introduce Jack to lightening bugs!  But I'm sure we'll be seeing more of stars and lightening bugs when we go on our family camping vacation this summer.  Yes, we'll be the crazy couple attempting to camp with a 20 month old and a newborn.  I'm sure there will be plenty to blog about after that!

And to prepare for such an event, the boys and I got Daddy a camping coffee maker for Father's Day.  Because he deserves it... and because he's gonna need his coffee to get through this vacation!!


What a great Daddy of boys!  Jude looks a little freaked but that's just him.  If he's not sleeping he's looking all bug-eyed.  And it makes for some silly pictures!  But Jack loves his Dad, loves spending time with him, and loves "helping" him around the house.  I definitely picked out a good one 5 years ago.  Never expected to see him with two boys within two Father's Days, but I think we're on to something good around here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...