Thursday, June 10, 2010

The sun sets on another chapter ...

I'm sitting here, on a cushion-less couch, surrounded by boxes which, in addition to everything else we own, include all our lamps and light bulbs.  So it's dark as pitch in here.  And the tapping sound of fingers on the keyboard is echoing off the bare walls.  And this is how I'm spending my last night in Virginia.  How depressing.
On a good note, I managed to get both boys in bed by 7:30.  As soon as I verified Jack was sound asleep I grabbed my camera and ran out for one final sunset walk on the beach.  For old times' sake.  I was not disappointed.


I'm going to miss this guy who brings his flag/fishing pole cart out to the beach EVERY NIGHT.
















And so the sun sets on our life here in Virginia.  It's sad, but we know it will rise again in Maryland, and we're looking forward to seeing what's in store for our family there over the next year.  So long Virginia!

1 comment:

Offshorecpa said...

did you honestly have to post this?? i'm struggling to keep it together!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...