Saturday, March 15, 2008

BabyCenter Says ...

Early pregnancy symptons
"Heightened sense of smell - Many newly pregnant women find they're overwhelmed by gag-inducing smells early in pregnancy. This may be a side effect of rapidly increasing levels of estrogen in your system."

No kidding. Last week my nose was stuffy, this week I could put German Shepherds out of business with my new uber-sensitive sniffer. I can't pack my lunch in the morning without gagging over the grilled chicken. I can't wear my perfume. I can't open the trash can without holding my nose. And I can't grab a snack from the refrigerator without getting hit with the overwhelming scent of garlic and onions.

Our first-floor/quasi-basement has a distinct smell - musty and damp with a hint of leftover air freshner that Jon insisted on purchasing. As soon as you open the guest room door it hits you. Unless you're me. Now I can smell the guest room whilst sitting on the couch, on a different floor, on the opposite end of the house. This is torture!

Now I know somewhat what it feels like to be a dog, and should we ever own one ourselves, I may be more aware of the smells our family produces around this animal with a keen sense of smell. I've been there myself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...