Friday, March 14, 2008

When something so wrong, feels so right ...

Just for the record, I am not one of those girls who enjoys throwing up. I prefer to only taste my food the first time around. But the past two weeks have completely revolutionized my thinking. Now, if I go more than 30 minutes without feeling nauseaus, I worry that something may be wrong. As disgusting as it is, I want to feel sick just so I can feel normal, just to know that everything is going exactly the way it should. But as my very wise co-worker says, "If satan can't have you sick, he'll have you scared." So I'm determined to make the best of these humbling moments.
In the meantime, I've become quite familiar with the toilets both here at home and at work, and getting downright sick has become almost second-nature. I'm a pro.
Unfortunately, my normal menu is no longer appetizing. Raw meat makes me cover my mouth and run out of the room, a cool, crispy salad with italian dressing makes my stomach turn, and scrambled eggs ... eh, I can hardly type the words without getting queasy. This baby, on the other hand, prefers cheeseburgers, french fries and milk shakes! But I've been able to compromise with saltines, apple juice and granola bars ... most of the time. As all the good books say, at this point in the game, just go with your cravings, or something like that. :)
And so, as much as I'm hoping to drag this pregnancy out, I must admit I'm looking forward to the start of the second trimester and the end of my mortal enemy - morning/noon/night sickness.
P.S. No lie, all this talk about un-appealing foods has resulted in yet another tango with the toilet bowl. I'm going to close this post before I lose the rest of my dinner. :(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...