Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry ...

... so I took a picture.


Because this is what I saw when I stepped out of the bathroom the other day. Actually, what I first saw was Jack dancing around a ceremonial mound of coupons, pointing and yelling "Look! Look!" and then throwing handfuls of these precious pieces of paper into the air, watching them fall down like giant snowflakes.

I stood there, mute, for a few seconds, feeling my pregnant, hormonal self run through the gammut of emotions - despair, anger, frustration and yes even a bit of a smile... and then I grabbed the camera.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't get all bent out of shape over this incident because do you know what happened the next day, after I had spent my entire Jack-free evening re-organizing my faithful little coupon box? I went to the store to pick up one thing, put my coupon box on the hood of the car so I could put Jack in his seat, and then promptly left it there while I drove all the way to the store and back. I couldn't figure out where I had put it when I pulled into the driveway, and then it hit me and I suddenly remembered the funny little thump I heard while rounding the bend at the end of our street and the strange look the lady walking her dog gave me when I saw her again on my way back home. I loaded Jack in the stroller, went for a very fast paced walk down through the neighbhorhood, and there, sitting quietly on the corner was my little black box, slightly less organized on the inside but still fully intact.

Situations like this seem to be arising more and more often these past few weeks, and more and more objects in our Nest are ending up broken or damaged at the hands of one learning-to-be-gentle Tank (and occasionally his pregnancy-brained mom). Rather than let my emotions get the best of me, I'm learning the best thing to do is step back, take a deep breath, and snap a picture. Because even though my neatly (re)organized coupons will expire in a few weeks, I still pray to God that my sense of humor will not!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...