Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On the menu!

So, I'm not much of a foodie. I have great aspirations, and have made a lot of progress over the past few years. I have a few tried and true dishes, but I'm quite certain I'll never be able to make toasted cheese without burning at least one side, or that I'll ever roll out a perfect pie crust. But one thing I have made recently, and that actually turned out well, is homemade yogurt. I've read on several different blogs about how easy it is, but it took me a while to work up the courage to actually try. So, without further ado, I highly recommend trying out the instructions found on Sarah's Musings blog. I've made it twice now and it's turned out fantastic both times!
Although I'm getting more used to it, I do find plain yogurt a bit tart. I usually add a little honey or vanilla to mine. I love it with homemade granola and bananas in the morning. Or I'll mix it into my chocolate milkshake at night. :) I even used some in place of buttermilk in our regular whole wheat pancakes recipe and it was delicious! And the best part is, I'm not the only one in this family who is a fan of yogurt. Check out who decided it was high-time he started feeding himself!


Clearly this recipe is Jack-approved!

1 comment:

megan douglass said...

thank you!!!!!! i needed a good jack moment. the blogosphere has been painfully boring for a week now! how cute is he!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...