Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Dear Dad,
Thanks for helping take care of me the past 8 months. I bet you didn't think bringing home a newborn would be as difficult as Swab Summer, or as tiring as football pre-season, but now we have lots of fun!

I'm so glad you took over bathtime, you're so much more particular than mom. And I like it when you put me to bed, mom makes such a big deal out of bedtime, you'd think I was going away for a week! That's why I still make noises in the middle of the night every once in a while, just to remind her that I'm not that far away and she doesn't have to get all sentimental about saying goodnight. (But don't tell her that.)
Dad, you're the best. When I grow up I want to be big and strong just like you. People already say I take after you, but mom keeps telling me I need to "be gentle" when I'm playing and she's always smooshing me with kisses. Maybe we could get her a girl baby for her birthday so she has something to schmooze on and then you and I can spend more time together wrestling. I know you always let me win, but someday I'm going to take you by surprise! I've already learned that grabbing you by the nose is tons of fun! Now that I've gotten so big, can you take me on your next scuba trip with Poppie? And when are you gonna start sharing your coffee with me? I could use the caffeine, maybe then I wouldn't have to take so many naps and we could hang out more.
Before you know it I'm going to be all grown up, Dad. One day I'm learning to pick up Cheerios, the next I'll be picking up a football. And I know that no matter how old I am, you'll always be there to catch whatever it is I'm throwing. :)

I love you Daddy!

Your Handsome Boy, JACK

1 comment:

Jenn said...

great post; happy father's day, Jon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...