Thursday, October 29, 2009

I have nothing to wear!

So I've been waiting for "glorious second trimester" to arrive to update you all on #2's progress and to talk about how great I'm feeling and how much energy I have compared to a few weeks ago. I'm now 16 weeks and still waiting ... so I figured I should go ahead and write anyhow. I definitely don't feel as sick as I did, and I have more energy than I used to, but it's still not what I was hoping. With Jack I stopped throwing up and started feeling great at 14 weeks. I've only "lost it" twice this pregnancy, but I'm still feeling queasy most mornings, and can start dry heaving at the simplest things, i.e. old banana peels, watching Jack eat said banana and changing Jack's diaper. He still thinks Mommy's gagging is the funniest thing EVER. But it's the one time he'll stay still while I'm changing him so maybe it's a good thing after all.

Other than the mornings I feel pretty good. I can now stay up past 9:30! But I'll take any chance Jack gives me to sleep in as long as I can. :) I'm still sleeping on my stomach, although I usually wake up around 4 and have to switch to my side to take the pressure off my bladder. Yes, I am too lazy at 4am to get up and go to the bathroom. Jon's content that I've made it this far into the pregnancy without "the nest." It won't be long now though because it's starting to feel like I'm sleeping on a big stone, and I need "the nest" to sleep on my back or side. :)

I think this is officially my least favorite stage of pregnancy. The excitement has worn off, I still don't look pregnant, I don't think I've felt the baby move although I sometimes think that flutter may have been it, we don't know what we're having yet so I can't buy anything, or dream of buying anything, and Jack keeps me so busy that I usually forget I'm even pregnant. Jon and I will be having our usual conversations about next year and the future and then it will suddenly dawn on us that by then we'll have two kids, two carseats, two in diapers, etc. I feel a little bad for #2. I've heard the second pregnancy doesn't feel the same as the first. I'd hate to say it's not as exciting but it's definitely different. Maybe I'm just remembering the end of my Jack-pregnancy as compared to this 16-week stuff.

The most annoying thing about this stage is that, despite hardly showing, I can barely fit into most of my clothes. I must carry extremely low, at least in the beginning, because I grow out of my regular pants within the first few weeks of pregnancy. I have one pair of jeans that still fits, and it's because they are my ultra-low-waisted fat jeans. And even they don't button by the end of the day. I have a few small pregnancy clothes that work for now, but most of them are too big for this stage. So, if you notice that I'm wearing the same outfit I was last time you saw me, you now know it's because I only have a few pieces that fit. *sigh* I will say that this problem has done nothing to hinder my shopping sprees. For some reason I love shopping for maternity clothes. Maybe it's the challenge. Do you know how hard it is to find inexpensive maternity clothes for the right season? I found 2 pair of shorts last week for $3, but unless we get a heat wave in April, I doubt I'll be needing them. I added them to my cart anyway and told myself, since I'm planning to have #3 in the Fall of course, that they certainly wouldn't go to waste. I really don't need any more maternity clothes, but I know how nice it feels to look cute when you are feeling rather large and round at the end. I mean, I can't wear sweatpants everyday.

Speaking of being large, I thought my belly poked out a little faster this time than it did with Jack, as in most second pregnancies, but I think I'm back on track by now. I've officially gained 7 pounds and have added about 4 inches to my waist. Yes, I keep track of that sort of thing. It's fun to me. For some reason I didn't start measuring my belly with Jack until 21 weeks, so I don't have anything to compare it to but pictures:
16 weeks with Jack
16 weeks with #2
I even wore the same outfit for easy comparison. Just in case you're wondering, yes I am taking weekly pictures this time around, I just haven't posted a slideshow yet because at this point there's not much to see. And no, I'm not going to wear the same outfit in every picture. That got a little boring last time and plus, those sweatpants got pretty stretched out by week 39.
I think the top picture is just a tad zoomed in more, otherwise I think I look exactly the same. And maybe my rear isn't as big as I thought this time around, but I digress. Well that's it here, stay tuned for updates on Jack's tragical 1 year check-up, #2's 17 week check-up, and then, in just a few short weeks, ... drumroll... the BIG ULTRASOUND!!! Ahhhh!! I have to stop thinking about it or I may not be able to sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Congratulations! SO fun! Many many blessings on the expansion of your fam!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...