Friday, February 27, 2009

Keepin' it ceREAL

So we are now into our second week of the rice cereal adventure. Ugh. I already regret starting solids this early. It's messy, inconvenient, and challenging. And the extra calories have only made a small difference in Jack's sleep. But now that we've started we might as well continue. And I do think Jack enjoys the change of pace and fun new "toy." I still nurse him at least 7 times a day, and then we add a cereal feeding to 3 of those. Which means a lot less free time for me! Jack's catching on quickly. I try to go fast because he doesn't like to sit in his chair for long. And he can only take so much of the feeding routine. The hardest part is keeping his hands and bib out of his mouth. I use one hand to pull them away and the other to feed him. Which leaves no hands to hold the bowl. :( It's an interesting process.






The mess drives me slightly crazy. I feel like I'm wiping his face and hands 20 times a day, and he's still a little crusty. He doesn't seem to mind though. I'm surprised he actually likes the stuff, it's pretty much tasteless. One concern I do have is that my usual 5-poops-a-day baby is now only a one-poop-a-day baby. And trust me, you do not want to be the one holding him when that significant event occurs. On the bright side, this does making diaper changes a little easier. So one more week of this and then we start veggies!! Mmmm three cheers for smooshed peas!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...